In this article, we cover questions you may have related to the Edit Bills feature.
- Who has access to the “Edit Bills” feature?
Customers who have enabled the centralised approval flow will have the “Edit Bills” feature enabled by default.
- Which bills are editable?
Bills whose statuses are WAITING FOR APPROVAL and DENIED will be editable.
- Who can edit bills?
Bill requestors can edit bills they have submitted. Admins can edit bills irrespective of who created the bill.
- When can the user edit the bills?
Bill requestors can edit bills before the status of the request changes to Approved/Sending Payment.
- What happens to the approver workflow if the requestor/admin edits the bill?
- The approver workflow will be reset regardless if the approval policies apply
- If the user edits any fields (including attachment(s)) then based on the approval policies settings the approvers will be assigned and the approver workflow will be reset.
- What happens to the FX rate when the user edits the bill?
If the editor changes the currency or amount being paid out, the latest FX rate will be applied. If other fields are updated in the bill, the initial FX rate will be retained.
- Will the relevant requestors and admin(s) be notified after the bill is edited?
Yes. If the requestor edits the bill information, then details of the changes made are sent to the requestor. If the admin edits the bill information, then details of the changes made will be sent to both the requestor and admin.
Once either the admin or requestor edits the bill, the approval process might change:
- If the approvers remain the same, an email will be sent regarding the edited information in the bill, along with a request to either approve or decline the bill request once more.
- If the approvers change based on approval flow conditions, two emails will be sent.
- One email will be sent to the previous approver to inform them that the bill has been removed from their dashboard due to the edit.
- One email will be sent to the newly assigned approvers, requesting them to approve or decline the bill request.
Please fill in this form for any additional assistance required.
Article is closed for comments.