Role: ✔ Admin, ✖ Team Manager, ✖ Employee
This guide shows you how to integrate your Spenmo account to Xero. Once you've completed the integration, you can sync all of your Spenmo transactions to Xero directly. This helps to save the effort needed for manual reconciliation.
Before performing the integration in your Spenmo dashboard, please add Spenmo as a bank account in Xero.
1. Log into your Xero Account
2. Click on the Accounting module
3. Select Bank accounts
4. Choose to add a bank account
5. When adding a bank account, you will be asked to ‘Find your bank’. Search for Spenmo and click ‘add an account to manually import statements into Xero
6. Enter the values below and click ‘Save’.
7. This is what you'll see after the bank account has been added.
Integrating with Xero
1. Log into your Spenmo dashboard and click ‘Integrations’ in the settings.
2. Click ‘Connect to Xero’. You will then be redirected to a page prompting you to log into your Xero account. Next, click ‘Allow Access’ to provide access for Spenmo into your Xero account.
3. After allowing Spenmo access into your Xero account, you will see instructions on how to add Spenmo as a bank account in Xero. To do so, please refer to this article here. Once you've added Spenmo as a bank account, proceed to click on 'I'm Done!'.
4. Proceed to select your 'Spenmo Account Code' and your 'Funding Bank Account'. Click on 'Next' when done.
Spenmo Account Code: We treat Spenmo as an additional bank account in Xero. For this step, simply choose the account that you created in this step.
Note: Once the Spenmo account is set, it cannot be updated to another account.
Funding Account: This is the bank account you're using when making top ups to your Spenmo dashboard.
Note: You can change the 'Funding Account' after initial integration by visiting the 'Integrations' page.
5. Map your expense categories with your Chart of Accounts from Xero. There are two methods to do so, find out more here.
Click on 'Finish Connecting' when done.
6. On the settings page, you’ll be able to check the organization tagged to your Spenmo account. All your Spenmo transactions will thus be associated with this organisation within Xero.
You can also set your sync preferences on this page. This allows you to choose between syncing transactions automatically or manually to your Xero account.
You can set the auto-sync for Bills, Cards, Cash Reimbursements, and Top-Up transactions. If you tick all of these features, every time you perform a transaction in Spenmo, it will sync directly into Xero automatically.
You can uncheck auto-sync for all of these features and sync each transaction manually from the transactions page.
Proceed to click on ‘Save Settings’ and your integration is complete!
Note: We recommend you turn on the auto-sync feature, but leave the Default & Refund category unmapped. This is so that you will have time to categorise every transaction properly through the transactions page.
How to perform Auto Sync
7. You can do so by clicking on a transaction and selecting ‘Edit details’.
8. You can then select the transaction category here. Afterwards, you can simply click ‘Save’ and Spenmo will sync the transactions automatically to the Chart of Accounts mapped to this specific category.
How to perform Manual Sync
9. Check the boxes on the left side of the transactions you want to sync to Xero. Proceed to click on the 'Sync to Xero' button. These specific transactions will then be synced to the proper Chart of Accounts in Xero.
Note: Manual sync is recommended if you are planning to sync partial transactions to Xero. This is because you can selectively choose which transactions to sync to Xero while keeping some unreconciled.
Please fill in this form for any additional assistance required.