Role: ✔ Admin, ✔ Team Manager, ✔ Employee
With this feature, you will be able to categorise card expenses efficiently within your Spenmo dashboard. Setting a 'Default Expense Category' for a card means that every expense made with the card will be automatically categorised into the chosen category.
Here's how to set the 'Default Expense Category' for new cards:
1. Make a new virtual card
2. Name and choose the colour of your new card
3. Choose the card owner and fill out the desired details.
4. In the 'Default Expense Category' section, choose the expense category* you want the card transactions to be categorised under.
5. By choosing this, all future expenses made by the card will be automatically categorised under the chosen expense category. Once done, click on 'Confirm'.
Here's how to set the 'Default Expense Category' for existing cards:
1. Select a card you wish to set the 'Default Expense Category' for. Click on 'Settings'.
2. Scroll down and click on 'Card Settings'.
3. Proceed to click on 'Edit Settings'.
4. Select your desired 'Default Expense Category' from the drop-down menu. Once done, click on 'Save Changes'.
If the 'Default Expense Category' is left empty, all expenses charged to the card will be categorised under the 'Default' expense category.
*If a desired expense category is not available, please kindly contact your Spenmo Admin or Accountant to have the desired expense category added.