Role: ✔ Admin, ✔ Accountant ✖ Employee
When syncing transactions from Spenmo to Xero, there are instances when transactions or transaction notes are not synced properly into Xero.
This article will explain why these scenarios happen and how to resolve them.
Why are my transactions not syncing to Xero?
1. When syncing transactions to Xero, the 'Sync Status' for some transactions remain empty. This means that these transactions have not been synced to Xero.
This could happen because the categories tagged to these transactions have not been mapped into the Xero chart of accounts (CoA).
2. To fix this, you will need to ensure that the categories are mapped to your Xero CoA. To do so, click on settings, then 'Categories'.
3. Check that the categories have a corresponding 'Account Code' on the right. If there is not code displayed, this means that the category has not been mapped yet.
Transactions tagged to an unmapped category will thus not be synced to Xero.
4. Click on a category to map it to a Xero CoA.
5. Proceed to click on the dropdown menu under 'Account Code'. Your Xero CoA will appear for selection. Select the Xero CoA you want to map the category to.
6. Once done, click on 'Save'. Your category is now mapped.
7. Go back to the 'Transactions Tab'. Check the checkbox of the transactions you want to sync to Xero.
8. Proceed to click on the 'Sync to Xero' button. The transactions will now be synced to the respective Xero CoA.
We recommend that you do not map the 'Default and 'Refund' categories. The is to prevent uncategorised transactions from being synced to Xero. Thus, make sure that you categorise the transactions in your 'Transactions' tab into the correct categories before syncing them into Xero.
Why is the 'Note' field of my transaction not syncing to Xero?
1. When integrating transactions into Xero, the 'Note' field in Spenmo (Point 2) syncs to the 'Description' field for transactions in Xero. However, there are instances where the 'Note' field does not get reflected in Xero.
This could happen because the 'Note' field was updated after the transaction has already been synced to Xero.
2. If you proceed to save the new note in the ‘Note’ field, you will receive a confirmation pop-up showing that the transaction has already been reconciled. You can click ‘Proceed’ to continue saving, then you will need to update the changes inside Xero.
3. If you see 'Synced' reflected under 'Sync Status', this means that whatever changes you make to the transaction 'Notes' will not be updated in Xero.
4. When a transaction has been synced to Xero, the transaction status will show as ‘Reconciled’. Once the status is ‘Reconciled’ in Xero, changes made to any synced transactions in the Spenmo Dashboard will not be automatically updated in Xero. You will have to manually edit the transaction.
5. As such, if you would like to sync ‘Notes’ from Spenmo into Xero’s ‘Description’, we recommend you add a note and upload the picture of the receipt before mapping the expense category for the transaction. This will allow the 'Note' field to be synced into Xero as part of the transaction description.
Please fill in this form for any additional assistance required.
Please sign in to leave a comment.