- All Spenmo invoice transactions can be synced directly to Xero. This saves you the time and effort of having to reconcile payments at the end of the month.
Before Syncing Transactions
Before your invoice transactions can be properly synced to Xero, you must ensure that you've mapped your categories in Spenmo to your Xero Chart of Accounts (CoA).
Please find a guide on how to do so here.
Syncing Invoice Payments Automatically
In order for invoice payments to be synced to Xero automatically, ensure that you've enabled auto-sync for 'Bills' during the integration process.
All Spenmo invoice payments are tagged under the 'Default' category. In order to sync the transaction automatically, all you have to do is tag the invoice to the correct category in your Spenmo dashboard.
Single Invoice Uploads
1. When filling in the payment details for single invoice uploads, tick the checkbox labelled 'Add categorisation and notes'.
2. Proceed to choose the category you want to map this invoice transaction to.
3. Click on 'Send payment'.
4. If you've enabled auto-sync during integration and chose 'Sync bills transactions when created, approved and paid'. Once your invoice appears on your 'Transactions' page under 'Bill Transactions', it will be synced to the specific CoA in Xero automatically. It will appear as a 'Draft' bill in your Xero account.
5. As your invoice status changes in Spenmo, it will also be automatically updated in Xero.
6. After you've approved the invoice for payment, the 'Draft' bill in your Xero account will move to 'Awaiting Payment'.
7. Once an invoice has been paid, it will automatically be reconciled directly into your Xero account according to the CoA mapped to the chosen category.
8. The sync status for the particular transaction will also change from 'N/A' to 'Synced' in your Spenmo 'Transactions' page.
9. If you've enabled auto-sync during integration and chose 'Sync bills transactions only when paid'. Then no 'Draft' bills will be created in your Xero account, the invoice will only be automatically synced and reconciled in your CoA after the payment has been paid out by Spenmo.
Bulk Invoice Uploads
1. When filling in the bulk payment template, you can indicate the category you want to map the invoice under by filling in the 'Category Name' tab.
2. Re-upload the template into Spenmo and submit it.
3. The remaining steps are the same as steps 4-9 under single invoice uploads above.
After Invoice Upload
1. Alternatively, you can edit the category after the invoice has been paid out.
2. Click into the invoice transaction and select 'Edit details'.
3. Proceed to select the category you want to tag this transaction under.
4. Once you've selected the category, the invoice transaction will automatically be reconciled directly into your Xero account according to the CoA mapped to the chosen category.
5. The sync status for the particular transaction will also change from 'N/A' to 'Synced' in your Spenmo 'Transactions' page.
Syncing Invoice Payments Manually
If you'd like to selectively sync your invoice payments to Xero, you can opt for the manual method.
This also allows you to double check invoice transaction details before syncing them to Xero.
To use this method, ensure that the you've disabled auto-sync for 'Bills' during the integration process.
1. Upload invoices into your Spenmo dashboard normally.
2. After the invoice has been paid, click into each transaction and click on 'Edit details'.
3. Proceed to change the transaction category from 'Default' to whichever category you want.
4. However, unlike the automatic method, after tagging an invoice payment to a specific category, it will not be automatically synced to your Xero CoA.
5. You will now have to sync the invoice transactions one by one.
6. Check the box on the left side of the transaction and click on 'Sync to Xero'.
7. Once the transaction is synced, the sync status will change from 'N/A' to 'Synced'.
8. You will then be able to find your transactions already reconciled in your Xero Spenmo account.
9. Do note that once a transaction is synced, any edits you make to the transaction will not be reflected in Xero.
The Xero sync pushes all the receipts, categories selected and transaction details into your Xero account.
Please fill in this form for any additional assistance required.
Please sign in to leave a comment.