Role: ✔ Accountant, ✔ Admin, ✖ Team Manager, ✖ Employee, ✖ Bookkeeper
This article will serve as a guide on how to export transactions from Spenmo using Custom CSV and import it into Xero.
In order to get the best results with Custom CSV,it is recommended that you adopt the following setup:
Chart of Accounts
Ensure that you have created Categories for each Expense account in Xero and that the Account Code set in Spenmo is the same as the Account Code set in Xero.
Ensure that you have created Tax Name and Tax Rate in Spenmo. You can also set default Tax on your categories to auto-select tax per transaction.
Ensure that all of your transaction details are correctly filled with necessary information (Category, Tax, Vendor, Notes, etc.) before you export the file as CSV.
Export Transactions from Spenmo
In Spenmo, you can export 3 types of data transactions using Xero CSV templates.
- Bank Statement
- Bills to Pay
- Precoded Bank Statement
Import Transactions Into Xero
After downloading the data, you can import the file into Xero. This section will serve as a guide on how to import transactions to Xero based on the type of data you have exported in Spenmo.
A. Bank Statement and Precoded Bank Statement
1. On your Xero dashboard, click ‘Accounting’ > ‘Bank Account’ on the menu bar.
2. In the ‘Spenmo’ section, click ’Manage Account’ > ‘Import a Statement’.
3. On the Import Bank Transactions page, you can skip the first two steps and proceed directly to Step 3: Upload the bank statement file here... Click ‘Browse’ and select the CSV file you want to import.
4. After you have completed the steps, click ‘Import’.
B. Bills to Pay
1. On your Xero dashboard, click ‘Business’ > ‘Bills to Pay’ on the menu bar.
2. On the Bills page, click ‘Import’.
3. On the Import bills to Xero page, you can skip the first two steps and proceed directly to Step 3: Import the updated template file. Click ‘Select File’ and select the CSV file you want to import.
4. After you have completed the steps, click ‘Confirm’.
Please fill in this form for any additional assistance required.
Please sign in to leave a comment.