With the new Approval Flow for Bill Request, you can customize your Approval Flow based on source of fund, amount, and expense category. In this article, you will find the frequently asked questions related to Advanced Approval for Bills.
1. Who can set up the Approval Flow for Bills?
All Admins can set up the Approval Flow for Bills.
2. What if an Admin leaves the company?
If the company has multiple Admins, then the Approval Flow will be displayed as normal on other Admins’ Dashboard even if the Approval Flow was set up by the Admin who is leaving. If the company only has one Admin, then the current Admin needs to assign a new Admin before they leave the company.
3. Can an Admin create or update a customized Approval Flow without selecting any conditions?
No. An Admin will need to select at least one condition on the Approval Flow.
4. Can an Admin assign the same approver for different approval steps for the same Approval Flow during setup?
No. An approver can only be assigned to one approval step.
5. What does Any Admin mean on the Add Approver step?
It means the request will be sent to all Admins in the team. However, it only requires one person to approve. Once one person approves, the bill will be removed from everyone’s “Approval Required” page and the Bill Status will be updated
6. What is self-approval prevention logic?
When the Approval Flow only has a single step and the chosen approver is a non-Admin, the self-approval prevention logic will be activated. If the approver submits a request, the request will be redirected to Admins to prevent self-approval. However, if the Approval Flow has multiple steps, the requester can self-approve and wait for the other steps’ approvals. If the approval only has a single step and the chosen approver is an Admin, the Admin can self approve. Hence, given the current rules, we strongly recommend to set up at least two steps of approval to prevent Admin from self approving without another level of approval.
7. Can two Admins edit the same Approval Flow at the same time?
Yes, but the approval flow will be updated based on the latest change.
8. Who will see the pending requests on the “Approval Required” tab?
Only the approver who is assigned for the approval step can see the request.
9. Does it mean Admin(s) will not see all the pending approvals in the “Approval Required” tab?
Yes. But if needed, Admin can go to Bills page to help approve the step for a request.
10. Why as an assigned approver I cannot see the pending request on the “Approval Required” tab?
Please check the audit trail to see whether it is your turn to approve. The request will only display on your “Approval Required” tab if your previous approver already approves.
11. What if the approver is on leave or holiday and cannot approve the requests?
1) Approver can go to “Transactions - Bill Transactions - Approval Required” page and use “Set Approver” to re-assign the bills to someone else. However, please check the Audit trail on each Bill Detail page before assigning a new approver. Please make sure that the new approver is not an approver for later steps to avoid overlapping conditions.
2) Approver can also ask Admins to help. Admins can go to “Transaction - Bill Transaction - All page”, find the bill detail, and approve it on the request detail page.
12. Will the current Bill Payment approval logic be impacted after Advanced Approval Flow Setting function is enabled?
No. If you don’t make any changes on the Approval Flow setting page, all your Bill Payment requests will still follow current default flow logic. All requests are sent to all Admins, and it only requires one Admin to approve.
13. How does Default Flow and Customized Approval Flow work together?
When there is a Customized Approval Flow for the condition, then all bills meeting the condition will follow the Customized Approval Flow. Otherwise, the condition will follow the Default Flow.
14. What happens after an existing approval flow is updated?
Ongoing requests will still follow the old approval flow. Only new requests after the approval flow is updated will follow the new approval flow.
15. What happens after Admin deletes a Customized Approval Flow?
Ongoing requests will still follow the customized workflow, only new requests will follow Default Flow.
16. Can an Admin delete Default Flow?
No, the Default Flow cannot be deleted.
17. What if the selected conditions (payment wallet, expense category, and/or approver) is deleted or deactivated?
The Customized Approval Flow will be deactivated. New requests will follow the Default Flow. At the same time, Admin(s) will receive an error message about the Customized Approval Flow through email and on the Approval Flow Setting Page. Recommend Admin to fix the approval flow as soon as possible to ensure all Bill Payment requests follow the correct approval procedure.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for any additional assistance required.